Gene & Betty Buckles Programming Center

Gene & Betty Buckles Programming Center
This is the place the art studio is located

Monday, August 1, 2011

Insects of the Week

Whitetail Dragonfly
  This week there were some interesting insects that I saw on the trail.  Upper right is a white tail dragon fly. At the  lower left these are studies of Scarab, I believe.









Popillia Japonica ( Scarab)
I don't know much about these beetle type insects even if I have ID them correctly , if some one can fill me in I would love some information about them. They were mostly a metallic green in color.
I caught this monarch in mid flight. The Hartman Reserve has all kinds of Butterflies. I will be posting  more species.
















This study is of a Damselfly. Their wings are an exact duplicate of the other not like a Dragonfly 's wings which are different from each other


















blue bird in a cavity nest


Here is the female  Bluebird at her natural cavity ,she was bringing food to her young. The Male Bluebird is close by he was a little camera shy.

3 comments:

  1. Um....are those nasty Japanese Beetles?! I will try to love them. At least you make them look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw these Beetles they were at least a half to one inch long. I guess the metallic green drew my eye to the destructive insect.

    ReplyDelete