Gene & Betty Buckles Programming Center

Gene & Betty Buckles Programming Center
This is the place the art studio is located

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Yellows and Purples compliment...

Aster and Pink Edged Sulphur
Common Yellow Throat

Asters are the food source this week. Every plant had hungry insects on them. From Bees to this Pink- edged Sulphur Butterfly like this one. I also saw this little guy out on the trail. This I believe is a male Common Yellow Throat warbler, he with his yellow breast was well camouflaged amongst all the  fall  yellowed plants on the trail . He was hard to spot until he gave himself away with his quick deliberate movements in the low thick cover. He was fun to watch. I coaxed him closer by forcing air between my clenched teeth so I could get a closer photo of him.

So Lots of Yellows and Purples this week see you out there on the trail...

No comments:

Post a Comment